POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vanity (WIP) : Re: Vanity (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vanity (WIP)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 1 Jul 2003 18:31:25
Message: <3f020bbd@news.povray.org>
Stefan Persson wrote:

> Like I said, anyone who remembers anything from the 80's are welcome with
> suggestions.

If this was a teenager's room, I could dump a million suggestions on
you, but it doesn't look like a teenager's room, and the woman doesn't
exactly look like a teenager. So I have more questions than suggestions.

What kind of room is this? It looks like part bathroom, part bedroom,
and part living room. If we knew what it was, it would probably help you
and us think of ways to add to it.

The lighting looks kind of stark. Are you using light fading and/or
radiosity? You might give it a try.. then again, you might want to do
without radiosity as a stylistic choice.

The walls could use more stuff on them. Maybe a framed art print or two,
if you can find the right sort of art, and a clock? (I envision the
clock having a kind of stylized ultramodern look with more matte black
and chrome, or maybe glass.. something like that.) Some little touches
like light switches and power outlets would probably help too.

The hairspray is a nice touch, but there really ought to be more than
one hair product there. ;)

The design you have now for the furniture looks right.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

-Xplo